This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

11/6/11

Adjustments to "A"
 
I worked on this a little today, but the whole time, I felt an extremely physical urge to get away from it. I've made some major changes to the composition, taking away the artichoke, adding a red apple, removing the avocado from the bowl, putting acorns in the bowl (although I haven't painted them there yet,) and putting the ace of hearts where the acorns had been. Of course the paint is still wet from two days ago, so I was making these changes with lots of thick paint. I readjusted the shape of the amber bowl, too. I'm seeing lots of mistakes in the drawing, although I know that doesn't really matter. I'll work on it again on Tuesday. Fits and starts.

1 comment:

  1. I like the shift to areas of warm and cool colour; this arrangement seems so much livelier than the first lay-in. You seem to have made a good choice re changes.

    ReplyDelete