This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

9/18/11

Cut up ATM card

I cut up this expired ATM card - instead of just cutting it in half, I made a bunch of random half cuts and folded it up. It was very sculptural, so I turned it different ways to draw it.

4 comments:

  1. That's so funny - I looked at that and I thought "what's wrong with her origami bird?" It looked sort of injured... then I read the blurb which revealed it ISN"T an origami bird, it's an orAToMi bird...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I first saw it as remarkable origami, too! So "green" to recycle your expired cards aesthetically! (I tend to cut mine up for scrapers for oil sticks, WC, whatever...not art, but an art tool.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... that's actually a good idea since they are just the right strength, have a good edge, and are water/oil resistant... and it sure would make them in-useable!

    ReplyDelete