This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Monday, September 5, 2011

9/5/11

September self-portrait, reworked

I wasn't all that happy with my last self-portrait - I thought the nose was too long. So I erased and shortened it, then I moved the mouth up. Something was still wrong, and I decided that I had placed the nearer eye too high and too far out. So I erased and moved it, too. Very dark pencil is hard to erase completely, and I didn't want it to look overworked. I think it is improved, not perfect, but I decided to stop. I'm going to use it as my profile picture until I do a better one.

I've been really inspired this week by looking at my new FB friend Carol Heft's drawings, and it made me want to draw more, and not be afraid to erase and change.

2 comments:

  1. Great drawing- you have a real presence here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Taryn! And thank you for all the great artists I've found through your postings - I'm really inspired!

    ReplyDelete