This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8/10/11

Shell

I felt like drawing with something that would hold a point tonight, so I used my .5mm mechanical pencil with a 4B lead. It keeps a very crisp, sharp point, but it still gets very dark darks.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting how you chose your tool: I like that; it gives me ideas of how to choose, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find any 4B lead so I finally ordered some online. Seeing Amy's 4B drawings makes me excited to try it!
    What a nice soft shading in the hollow of this shell - you could poke your finger right in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I found my 4B leads at Plaza, but it might have been Staples (the drafting aisle.)

    ReplyDelete