This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

8/17/11

Cow creamer

Another view of the cow creamer. I was so close to it that I had to draw it with one eye closed. Otherwise I would see a little more of each side, depending on which eye was dominant. (I think I am slightly like a Chameleon, able to move my eyes independently, and look with one or the other.)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, chameleons actually Process separately with the two sides of their brain too, fusing mainly for aiming purposes, distance calculation, and so on. You probably just have a greater eye dominance than some, which is great for an artist but not so much good for catching flies. I actually read some article (in the APA journal I believe) that said several of the greats in Art had disparities between their eyes' vision. They said Rembrandt had one higher eye, I believe.

    ReplyDelete