This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

8/21/11

 Portrait of Alex

Alex posing for me

This was a pretty casual drawing - I didn't do any measuring at all. I thought I made his head too small and his leg too large, but when you look at him in the bottom picture, I think you'll see that at age 16, Alex is all arms and legs.

1 comment:

  1. His head is also farther from you than his legs, making it relatively smaller so he'd appear even leggier...and as you say teenagers are mostly arms and legs!

    ReplyDelete