This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

4/23/11

Tray of shot glasses, black Prismacolor pencil

Another little gem I got from an antique store and have been looking at for a few years - finally decided to tackle it. I think I spent almost two hours on it, which felt like an hour and a half too long. The pencil didn't exactly fly over the paper. But once I started it, I had to slog on through to the end.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, despite you feeling you were overworking it- it doesn't look that way. You have a way with glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Actually, I didn't feel like I was overworking, but just that it was too much work! All that black, and the Prismacolor pencil needs to be really pressed hard to get that black... my hand got tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a way with glass! You should mat and frame some of yours - then you might feel more rewarded for your time. It is easy to dismiss something that's "just a sketch" or "drawing" as opposed to a "valuable" painting, but mat and frame it and it's suddenly worth displaying! Black and white are very snappy interior design colors... who knows; someone may just be looking for this very thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should learn how to do my own framing (and mat- and glass-cutting), because that's the expensive part.

    ReplyDelete