This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4/27/11

Oil and vinegar

I did a quick but careful sketch to get everything placed right, with a light pencil, but then I jumped in with a 9B and went right at the values very quickly. I didn't really erase or go back over anything. Having to get up very early is a good motivator for speed!

4 comments:

  1. You have such a handle on glass... which I guess breaks down to a confidence with transparencies and shadows, which I guess breaks down to confidence with the sensible/seen vs. the purely analyzed/sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Em... I have no idea what you mean, but it sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Able to be sensed with your visual sense vs. sensible as in makes cognitive sense and can be analyzed: "This is a solid object so I know this part meets that part even if I really can't see it in this light" etc. It's a conundrum that bothers me Frequently, and when it's not actively bothering me it's providing food for while-I-draw thought...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I zone out on what I "know", and shift to visual only - that's how I make sense out of glass. Everything can be seen.

    ReplyDelete