This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

4/9/11

Antique amber sugar bowl

I went through a phase several years ago when I visited antique stores and bought lots of beautiful little objects.

2 comments:

  1. You convey its beauty so well, and it looks useful, too. I can imagine keeping a batch of erasers or something in it. I also buy beautiful/funky things and justify my buying "for still lifes" - and my favourite blue enameled coffee pot I bought at a yard sale from a woman who said it leaked, that she'd only used it in a still life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for still lifes, that's why I haunted antique shops and thrift stores. I finally had to stop going, because I had too much stuff!!! (and it can be an expensive habit.)

    ReplyDelete