This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Friday, April 29, 2011

4/29/11

This electric fan came home from Hal's office because he couldn't take it to their new location, so it's sitting in my kitchen until we find a place for it. It couldn't decided whether to be a contour drawing or a value study - it's a bit of both.

3 comments:

  1. And a lovely bit of both, too!
    Hey - when did you start signing right on your sketch? It's not a bad idea; I just hadn't noticed it before, so think that perhaps it's a new(ish) thing?
    P.S. - does anyone else love the crazy verification words as much as I do? The one I just got was "spastate" as in rain forest (humid country or land?) or as in having spasms that are less acute than spastic but less constant than a trait... a state?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been signing and dating every drawing since the beginning. I've never thought about the crazy words, I'm always too busy trying to type them correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... maybe I just suddenly noticed because it's almost like part of the drawing in this one...

    ReplyDelete