This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

Self Portrait, pencil

Well, I got the first one out of the way! The challenge with this drawing was the closeness of the sketchbook overlapping my face just at the mouth. I don't know if I was successful. Also, I hope that this year of drawing improves my mark-making, so I don't have to resort to so much blending.

1 comment:

  1. A self portrait is a great way to start your year of drawing!

    ReplyDelete