This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/27/11

Rocks from P.E.I.

The summer of 2006, Hal, the boys, and I spent a week on Prince Edward Island, Canada (they flew up to join me after I finished my two weeks painting in New Brunswick.) These rocks are from a wonderful beach on the northwest coast of P.E.I. The whole beach was covered with rocks of every color, shape, and material. I don't know rocks, but the one on the left is similar to pink Maine granite, the one in the middle is made up of flat layers, and the one on the right is black basalt, I think. Drawing them was harder than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I can almost feel how these stones would feel in my hand.

    ReplyDelete