This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

1/29/11

Hal eating soup in front of the TV

I admit, I cropped this drawing - I had drawn his legs way too small. Guess I was sitting too close to him. I made him freeze at the moment of slurping the soup from the spoon, so I could get his hand and the spoon and his mouth fairly correctly. He's wearing his jacket because it's cold in the family room.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you drew quickly, or the soup would have gotten cold, too! I am really enjoying seeing your work. Stay warm. Did you lose power the other night? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it only took a minute or two. And our power stayed ON!

    ReplyDelete