This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2/15/11

Turkey bones

I used a better paper for this one - until now, I've just been drawing in a sketchbook. For this, I unearthed some paper I've had for a long time (what am I saving it for?) I think it was some sort of printmaking paper, or maybe a 90 lb. hot press watercolor paper. Thick, buttery, lovely texture.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently you were saving it for This! The shaft of the leg bone is strong, smooth and cool to the touch, the near end of the hip bone is fibery, thickened and dry, the light bones whispery and the gristle tough and slick... it's a Very nice drawing that gives you senses bordering on synesthesia.

    ReplyDelete