This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Friday, February 25, 2011

2/25/11

Waiting at the DMV

I took Alex to get his learner's permit today, and I was prepared to wait awhile, so I brought my sketchbook. But they were too fast! Alex went to take his written test, and I only had about 5 minutes to draw before he came back, smiling broadly. If I had had more time, I was going to put a lot more into this drawing. Oh well...

2 comments:

  1. Nice drawing! My last visit to the DMV was really quick too. Perhaps they are trying to improve :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it would've been interesting... the person at the counter is actually the same man who was sitting nearest me - when he was called to the counter, I drew him in there. People come and go, and I was going to keep adding them. But not this time.

    ReplyDelete