This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2/9/11

I've been enjoying these rocks so much, I had to draw them again. This one is charcoal and white chalk on gray pastel paper.

2 comments:

  1. Surely you are using a fixative on these? They are super, and I'd hate to think of them as getting mussed!
    I've been imagining a set of them in someone's pale grays room, or on a wall painted a saturated color... How big are they? Frame as a set in a multi-hole mat in a frame? I like the idea of separate frames, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't spray them. I used to spray my pastel drawings, but I had an unfortunate occurrence once (the spray left blobby splotches on the drawing, and I had to redraw much of it). I've read that many pastel artists do not use fixative. It tends to darken the colors. Anyway, I don't have any. But I'm not covering them with anything, and I will frame them, I think. I think I'll keep drawing them, too!

    ReplyDelete