This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

2/5/11

Crumpled paper

I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and do something more complicated, and once again I was asking myself what I had gotten myself into. I stayed up much too late working on this, and I don't think it's successful... it looks more like a rock than paper to me. But, as I've said before, "It's the process, not the product!"

2 comments:

  1. Actually, it looks like crumpled paper to me. I blew it up, looked at it that way (closer to the size you are probably looking at it), and asked myself if there was anything particularly heavy and un-papery about it, and I think not. It sits lightly, and crumples convincingly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, thanks. Hal says I'm a glutton for punishment...

    ReplyDelete