This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

2/27/11

Candle in a glass holder

Another ink drawing with the felt-tip pens. I went a little overboard with the background again, but couldn't make corrections (I guess I could have, but it would have involved an x-acto knife or white-out), so there it stands.

3 comments:

  1. I don't mind the background... it has a wood-cut feel to it. The glass is really something else! The sharp black and white has allowed you to make it almost glitter with cut light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You might try brushing a solid area of ink just behind the bowl. This would relieve the sameness of the crosshatching, pop the bowl out, and give the eye a place to rest. (See Louise Williams' illustrated note on this in her blog, - quoting me! - at www.louisewilliamsstudio.blogspot.com
    on her drawing-a-day page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you mentioned Louise... I hadn't checked her blog for awhile, and I was thrilled to see what she's been doing. There's a direct link to her blog at the bottom of this blog on the right.

    ReplyDelete