This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

3/17/11

White house in a yellow field, oil pastel

I glimpsed this scene out of the corner of my eye as I was driving by it yesterday, and I vowed to come back and paint it. Today was a perfect weather day, so as soon as I got off work at the library, I grabbed my oil pastels and went back. I was trying to channel Wolf Kahn. It felt like weaving; I was using Sennelier oil pastels, very buttery.

1 comment:

  1. It Is buttery looking - the "weaving" gives the lush grass lots of depth. I especially like the way the smear of terra cotta in the lower left corner picks up the Virginia red clay along the driveway.

    ReplyDelete