This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

3/27/11

Little brown bottles

I cleaned out my spice cabinet and dumped out some old bottles of vanilla extract, peppermint oil, etc. I started this drawing intending to make it a full range of values, but decided I liked it as a line drawing.

2 comments:

  1. I like line drawings because they show the marks of looking while tonal drawings shift one's attention to the forms' volume and the light on those forms. I like line drawings because of their airiness; they let air circulate through them as we can look through the objects as drawings and see the paper at the same time. Bottles you are going to discard are already becoming fainter as they prepare for their departure.

    ReplyDelete