This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Friday, March 4, 2011

3/4/11

Red glass dog

I was trying out a new set of woodless colored pencils. I'll have to work with them some more before I figure out the best way to apply them. The set didn't have a really deep red, which is what I needed. So I undercolored with a blue, and went over it with a bright red. I'll go back to Plaza and see if there's a deep red available in the individual pencils. These are made by Koh-i-noor, same as my woodless graphite pencils.

2 comments:

  1. This has a really wonderful gummy-bear glassy quality - the blue under it really worked for you.

    ReplyDelete