This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

3/19/11

Beside the rock quarry

This is just across the road from the place I drew yesterday. I drew on 18"x24" paper (yesterday's was 9"x12".) I was hoping to be able to draw the quarry itself, which is a huge canyon-sized hole, with tiny trucks in the bottom to give it scale, but there is no place on public property to draw from. The roadside is too narrow, and there are too many trees and a chain-link fence in the way. Here's a photo I took through the fence to give you an idea (the spot I drew from is to the right a couple of hundred yards).

2 comments:

  1. Wow... very cool. Plus, I bet you're on a half dozen security cameras... They're Still trying to figure out why anyone would be casing a quarry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I kept waiting for someone to drive up and ask me Why I was taking photos and drawing?!? But nobody did. I'm going to go during business hours and ask if I can maybe set up my easel on the edge of the quarry. It would be almost like painting at the Grand Canyon!

    ReplyDelete