This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3/23/11

Well, even though this is a painting, I'm going to count it as my daily drawing, because I spent a long time drawing the image on the canvas. I did it the old fashioned way, by holding my brush at arm's length and measuring with one eye shut. This in front of a crowd of interested museum-goers. (Nobody ever said being an artist is dignified.) It's the first day of a new copy, "The Red School House" by Winslow Homer. I'm also including a photo of the painting at the end of day 1, after I got some paint on most of the gessoed canvas. I underpainted the sky blue-gray, because it looks like that's what Homer might have done. I'll repaint the entire thing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment