This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6/15/11

"C", day 3

Well, I didn't have to work today, and I thought I'd be able to paint all day, but... lots of interruptions, things happening, necessary errands, and as a result, I really didn't get to paint very much at all. I changed the cupcake, I repainted the blue cloth, I sketched out changes for the checkered cloth. Most importantly, Hal helped me set up the lighting in my studio so my painting is no longer in the dark. I was feeling so frustrated with the lighting, with my painting either in the dark, or having a glare from the light I had on. Hal showed me that aiming the light toward the ceiling was much better, and suddenly, I could see the colors on my painting! I also bought some new cherries, to replace the shriveling ones, which I haven't really had a chance to work on yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment