This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6/21/11

Wire cat with spool

This was today's lesson with my private student: we did gesture drawings of cats from a book of photographs, then picked our favorite gesture drawing and made a wire sculpture from it. This is mine.

2 comments:

  1. Your students are So Lucky!
    There is some guy in N.Y. (I think) who does wonderful, humorous wire sculptures entitled things like "Impossible Ballet"... I had a post card of his work stuck on my refrigerator for awhile. If I can find his name, I'll add it... It's Skysomething...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wire is a little advanced for a 10-year-old, but she's good-natured and enjoys trying everything I throw at her.

    ReplyDelete