This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

6/9/11

Sketch for "C"

This afternoon I worked on setting up a still life for "C" in my alphabet series. I started this series years ago, but only got "B" finished - my "A" painting eluded me, and I gave it up for awhile. Now I'm going to get back to it, but I'm skipping "A" and going straight to "C". I don't normally do a drawing first, but usually just draw it on the canvas with paint, but I needed to produce a daily drawing and so I decided to sketch this. It's probably hard to tell what's going on in this sketch, but everything in this still life starts with the letter "C". To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. I think the only thing I can't identify is the thing behind the Clock and Cup. Clue me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo Oo! If you swapped the clock and the cup the shadows/fused shadow would look like a C...

    ReplyDelete