This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Friday, June 17, 2011

6/17/11

Dusty girl

I've been in kind of an art slump the last few days. Feeling bogged down in the painting is the reason. I missed drawing yesterday - the third time this year. Tomorrow I'm planning on getting up early, getting in the studio, and fighting it out with the C painting until it yields to my will.

2 comments:

  1. It's really a very lovely painting right now... it will be interesting to see what changes you make - and thus interpolate what could possibly be frustrating you about it! (Lovely, rich creamy colors all over...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the painting is trying to tell you what it wants to be - it is lovely and simply may not be what you had in mind. Be careful of trying to mold your "child" into what you think it should be. Turn it to the wall and do other things for a while (send it to its room?).

    ReplyDelete