This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

6/4/11

Gregory getting a haircut

I accidentally started writing the date "3/...", then I realized it's June. Where does the time go?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, economical, sensitive lines...and how much more man-shaped Gregory is now! Love the "dailiness" of this scene. I think it was Sister Corita who talked about dailiness in the book of her selected teachings, Learning by Heart. Nothing extraordinary, just life going on as it does, daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great adam's apple! So teen boy... by the way, the lines of the side of the face suggest the front features very nicely. People think you can't "see" the features from the side, but in many people they are there in suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! but Gregory is no longer a teen boy - he's 21! Lots of people think he's younger, though, much to his consternation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that continues, in 20 or 30 years he'll be very pleased people miscalculate his age!

    ReplyDelete