This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

5/14/11

Basket of rocks

I've discovered that I don't like drawing baskets very much! This started out as a contour drawing, but it soon let me know that it wanted to be shaded. I disengaged from it as soon as I could.

3 comments:

  1. Nice drawing though... and good description of the process! Exactly so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous drawing and love the contrast of basket and stones in it!

    Agreed: baskets are beautiful to look at, too full of little wiggly lines that indicate the weave to be fully engaging - unless you're making notes on how to weave your next basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if I actually wove a basket I would find it more interesting...

    ReplyDelete