This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/19/11

Library parking lot trees

I drew this after leaving work today. I've been wanting to draw these trees for a long time; I wish I had done it before the leaves came in.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no no! You may have been wishing it from a pain-in-the-butt aspect, but the leaves add a laciness that the strong verticals of the trees benefit from... and the result is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the varied textures are beautiful and the value pattern is almost as if there were snow about. Draw them again next winter, before the Year of Daily Drawing ends.

    ReplyDelete