This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

5/29/11

Ampersand

This is a metal ampersand, about 3" tall, that I bought for the purpose of putting it into my "A" painting. I'm doing (at least I started) a series of paintings based on the alphabet - still lifes where everything in the painting has to start with the same letter. So far, I've only completed "B", but I'll get back to it - I'm always on the lookout for cool objects to represent the different letters.

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting and well worth exploring - I clicked on the B but could not find the A!! Where, oh where?

    I did, however, see that you are expanding your sketch/drawing section to include things you have drawn over the years... not just drawing a day things. It'll include categories of drawings. Applause! I'm finding that drawings take time and as much skill as goes into a painting (often with as much of a challenge without color for support) and yet are much under-appreciated.
    Everyone should explore your maze of visual offerings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't find the "A" because there isn't one yet! I did do an "A" painting, but I didn't like it, so I did another one, and didn't like that. This was years ago. I'll get back to it soon...

    ReplyDelete