This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Monday, May 16, 2011

5/16/11

What was right in front of me

I was sitting at my kitchen table, with the laptop, the phone, and various other things strewn around, and I decided I didn't have time to do a drawing today, so I would skip it. Then I suddenly decided to just do a drawing of what was in front of me - very fast, and not caring about composition or anything. I even drew my own hand at the last second, very badly. I just love this Sharpie fine pen!

2 comments:

  1. Love those drawings of drawings within drawings! They remind me of my Robert Louis Stevenson children's book cover, child sitting in bed holding book with picture of child sitting in bed on its cover, and child sitting in bed with picture of same book on its cover.

    A cover for a drawing book? Definitely in primary colours! I have books on my brain, having been to an excellent self-publishing presentation the past Saturday afternoon - and am in the throes of finishing off one of my sketch journals for a little book.

    ReplyDelete