This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

5/7/11

Malkie

Malcolm moved about four times while I was drawing him, but he took this same position a couple of times as a favor to me.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful - neat little lines for neat little facial features, and in the body all the bones can be sensed in there under the melted fat and fur a relaxed cat turns into...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure looks like he'd posed the whole time; he looks so integrated. You used what I call the chicken-drawing technique; start a bunch of drawings on one page, and complete each one as other hens take the same postures. Only this is with just one cat - who wasn't running around as a hen does.

    ReplyDelete