This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Friday, May 20, 2011

5/20/11

 Malkie - I didn't get too far before he left

Sabu and Dusty - the fight

I started this page with the drawing in the center, of Sabu peacefully sleeping on the floor. Then the drawings on the right - Dusty bothering him and starting a fight. Sabu sat up (drawing in upper left) and then left, leaving Dusty to do a little grooming (top center) and finally settling down where Sabu had been (bottom left.)

2 comments:

  1. Life in the cats' house; lovely diaristic work. I like how occasionally you have some detail and mostly it's plain line drawing. Gives it another sort of dimension, perhaps time is indicated thus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Malkie one is so "finished" at the finished end that you could finish it later and hang it framed with a grouping of family portraits!

    ReplyDelete