This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5/31/11

Friends

I bought these funny little animals (and their furniture) at a small import store in Leesburg a few years back. They're about 3" tall. They're removable - you can switch them around on their seating. They sit on a bookshelf in my studio, and this is the first time they have ever posed for me. I used a Sharpie fine pen to draw their contours, and colored pencils to color them in. I had fun.

3 comments:

  1. They look like they're having fun having a good visit while they're posing. Cute critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're Adorable! Mr. Penguin just passed gas and is trying to look innocent. Miss Cow and Mr. Kitty are leaning away... Miss Cow looking a bit shocked, with a tiny nervous smile, and Mr. Kitty is thinking "There now... and Mr. Penguin is always such a stuffed shirt!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly what happened! How did you know?

    ReplyDelete