This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5/18/11

Deer skull

This is one of my four deer skulls that I got on eBay. I stood up and looked down on it to draw it.

2 comments:

  1. I like it - and your complicated shadows, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how looking directly down on things changes their "message" to me, making me rethink what I know about the object. The commonplace images of deer are wide-eyed, spread-eared frontal views appearing wider due to foreshortening. You have re-set the deer file in my head to a more anatomically accurate skull.

    ReplyDelete