This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

5/15/11

Excavator

This piece of equipment was left at the storm drainage site, so I wanted to draw it. It rained this afternoon, so I went over there between showers. I was hurried, and I started it too low on the page, so the composition is lousy. But it sure was fun! It's really interesting drawing something new that I've never drawn before and that I know absolutely nothing about. I'll have to go back and try this one again, if it's still there.

3 comments:

  1. I know... I keep doing that too. A way to go with this one, with its powerful surge up onto the paper look, would be to have another day's sketch be to add some background so there was more to the composition up top, also running off the edges... maybe it's not a bad composition - just an unfinished sketch. Scary looking thing, by the way; Pinchers??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know, those jaggedy things folded up under the shovel arm - I don't know what they're for, but they do look ominous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your big machines all have such endearing personalities! I want to cuddle them.

    ReplyDelete