This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

5/21/11

6 eggs

A couple of years ago I went to Whole Foods and bought a variety of eggs. There are a couple of different kinds of chicken, maybe a duck, a couple of goose eggs. They are all different colors - white, pale blue, beige, deep brown. I blew out the insides and kept the shells. I did a painting of them once, which sold. I also bought an ostrich egg and an emu egg (they cost $20 each!) which I also blew out. They'll appear in a future drawing or painting.

2 comments:

  1. I love eggs; their variety within their same general shape and the way every one of them looks so gently perfect in any light. This variety of size and tone is interesting, too.

    Love your eggs painting, too! You've inspired me to do a small egg study one of these eternally-raining days. I bought 2 dozen eggs at market Saturday (egg salad season is here), one of varied-brown hens' and the other white ducks", as she had no more hens' eggs. So I have more than one colour to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the whole egg thing Helen is referring to must be at least Part (in addition to the production from oneself bit) of why the French call a body of artistic work one's "Oeuvre"... especially the best.
    Very nice porcelain look to the eggs.

    ReplyDelete