This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5/17/11

Bathroom faucet

A shiny chrome bathroom faucet was one of the first serious, realistic drawings I did in high school art class, so this was nostalgic for me. I didn't have the patience or stamina that I did back then, though. It was hot in the bathroom, and I just couldn't hold out very long. See my head reflected upside down in the faucet?

1 comment:

  1. Hadn't realized that was your very head reflected! (And I'm not sure I recognize it now....)

    I remember drawing faucets in the shop room where Sharon Yates held a drawing class at Washington County Technical School one winter. I love drawing sinks and faucets, especially the older wonky ones.

    ReplyDelete