This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Friday, July 15, 2011

7/15/11

Compactor

The weather has been really nice, so Hal and I took a walk to see how the road widening is going... funny, this machine reminded me of the egg carton I drew yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. Not surprising: the bumps on the compacter roller are very similar to egg carton cells! I love your machinery and encourage you to keep them together and make a little book of them someday, perhaps just little captions that one reads to a 15-month old sitting on your lap. There isn't much for baby boys who love machinery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I especially like those machines! My sons loved heavy equipment as youngins, and my great nephew does too. Somehow turning those heavy solid monsters into line drawings transforms them into Cute... How is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these machines, too! I can't wait until the weather is cool enough again for me to go back and draw another machine that's there... it's a brand-new looking, smaller model of the kind with a digger on one end and something else on the other. When we walked by it, I told Hal that it was a Velociraptor - it looks so sleek and fast compared to the bigger, heavier brontosaurus and triceratops machines. Can't wait to draw it!

    ReplyDelete