This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

7/16/11

Blocks

This is colored pencil, which I've decided is a rather unforgiving medium. There are few colors, you have to layer them, they don't erase, and after a certain point you can't go any lighter. So you have to be careful. Finally I just decided I was done and the heck with it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I totally agree re their unforgiving nature. Sometimes good for travel but watercolour gives you more colour more easily. I've given up on them except for making cards and for visiting children to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I do like them... although I too agree that the limited colors are aggravating. You can only layer just so much, and even with true primaries you can't do but just so much. That's my biggest aggravation. The tight control is part of what I like...whereas watercolor can drive me crazy trying to control it! As for the rest, I fail to plan ahead just as badly with Other media, so maybe I'm just more tolerant of running into those problems!

    ReplyDelete