This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Friday, July 8, 2011

7/8/11

Mac power cord
 
My laptop's power cord stopped working, and the Apple store GAVE us a new one! I didn't think it would be covered under Apple Care, but it was! This was one of those drawings that turned out to be much more trouble than I thought it would be. I spent entirely too long on it, and I'm not happy with the way it looks, like it's floating in space.

1 comment:

  1. Odd... I like this one very much; the cord is done with just the right shading to look like the thick, smooth plasticy cord the viewer knows this kind to be, some of the parts are at difficult angles to draw (both the plug ends), and it doesn't float for me. Particularly the grounded wall plug sits firmly at the angle they assume due to cord pressure and the box sits and has weight. Yes - I find the "worked" ones take surprisingly much time!

    ReplyDelete