This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

7/30/11

Chopsticks

This is a glass canister that sits on my kitchen counter. It holds chopsticks and a potato masher, for some reason.

5 comments:

  1. The presence of the potato masher gives a sense of scale; if you aren't familiar with chopsticks, you might be familiar with the masher - or maybe, in this day & age, you are not. There are a lot of people who don't cook at all. You give presence to such ordinary things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That masher gives the whole thing a better sense of scale - unless, of course, you haven't any familiarity with mashers, and I'm sure some people don't. (I also use mine to mash strawberries for freezing.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Didn't think the first one ever posted.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm familiar with potato mashers, but my theory is that when the chop sticks fail to do the job your boys employ the masher - as in "keep slipping away from me will you?!" Squash! Squash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed your comments, Em! Always clever!

    ReplyDelete