This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

7/17/11.1

more changes to "C"

Back to the "C" painting tonight. I moved the melon up a little (a different melon!), and added the cat in a chair. I also repainted the whole blue cloth again. I haven't gotten to the conch shell yet, which is showing signs around it of when I moved it before, and scraped down the old part. I'll work on this again in the morning tomorrow, because I don't have to go to work until 2 pm.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the way the new rind on the cantaloupe echoes the green in the cactus, and the way the wood shows through the thin painted on C on the block. Don't I recognize that cat from a certain afternoon visit with a cow and perhaps a pup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that there is more overlap among your things with that cat added. I wonder about the cupcake; it seems to be sort of sitting in the centre of the vortex taking too much attention. However, I haven't any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point about the cupcake; I'll think on that...

    ReplyDelete