This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7/27/11

Studio skeleton

This is a skeleton (life-sized, but plastic) who lives in my studio. She is wearing an artist's apron which says,"Support Living Artists - the dead ones don't need it". She is also wearing an equestrian helmet, with one of my painting hats on top of it. Another painting hat is hanging from her left shoulder, and a Canadian flag is in her right hand. Some Mardi Gras bead also hang from her left shoulder. She is a good studio companion; always smiling, never critical.

2 comments:

  1. SHE is what eery well-appointed studio needs! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm just catching up on looking at the comments (gone, then too exhausted to do anything beyond just enjoying the drawings)... and I love this Freudian slip - eery (as in eerie!) well-appointed studio needs a skeleton companion...

    ReplyDelete