This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Friday, July 29, 2011

7/29/11

Dusty on my lap

We were watching TV, Dusty was comfortable on my lap, I still had to do my drawing, so...
She's not as huge as I made her look, actually she's pretty small, although fat, and very fluffy. I've revealed my weird ugly feet to the world. The hand is awkward, because I would put it on her to look at it, then take the sketchbook in it to draw. But as I've said before, all drawing is from memory.

2 comments:

  1. Your feet look like perfectly ordinary feet to me, and they hold you up, so they're doing their job. I like this drawing; like the sense of space you get from foreshortening or something (drawing Dusty larger).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Helen again... your feet and hands look fine and Dusty looks like she's just right up close on us. I like the window into your world (out of your eyes) look of this one.

    ReplyDelete