This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

7/3/11

Pair of shells

There's something very relaxing and settling about doing a slow, careful drawing right before going to bed. The shell on the left was hard, because it's so featureless from this angle, except for the opening. It looks almost like an egg.

2 comments:

  1. To me it is very clear it's concave on the near side so it doesn't look very egg-like except for at first glance... and the eggness is kind of related to the way it would feel if it were larger and you held it in the palm of your hand; smooth, cool and solid but light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have mentioned that these are the exact same kind of shell, posed at different angles. They are about the size of a large egg. I wish I knew what to call them. They were probably included in one of those big collection of shells you buy at a shell store at the beach.

    ReplyDelete