This is my 2011 art project: I'm going to attempt to do one drawing every day of the year. The drawings can be any medium, any size, any level of care and completion. I'm looking forward to seeing how my work evolves and improves, and whether this practice helps me to be more organized and "together" in the rest of my life pursuits.

Click on any of the sketches to enlarge.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

7/5/11

Dusty and Malcolm

I missed drawing on the 4th, and I was going to miss today, too... I'm just really tired, and was going to skip it again. But I made myself do this quick sketch of the usual suspects - they're always arranged so nicely on their little bed in the kitchen window.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like they must each have their face right in each other's face, rebreathing each other's cat-food breath.

    These quicker simpler contours are always worth doing, and worth seeing. I often think they look like some of the Japanese or Chinese ink works; I'll have to go check and see which. See, inspired to self-educate some more already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they're definitely rebreathing each other's breath... and all is peaceful until one of them has a dream and starts furiously kicking the other one's head, which tends to break up the serenity somewhat. They don't tend to hold it against each other, but will soon settle back into another somnolent pose.

    ReplyDelete